Grammarly Social Media Coordinator | ISU Dept. of English | November 2019 – Present
- Social media content, designs, videos and more to promote Grammarly at ISU.
Political Reporter and Photographer | FIRST Magazine & Iowa State Daily | August 2019 – January 2020
- Focus on climate change and Iowa caucus coverage.
- Photos purchased by The Des Moines Register and The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Marketing Intern | Octadyne Systems | March 2018 – Present
- Weekly articles, press releases and web content for Octadyne.com, AutoJini.com and clients.
- In charge of web content creation and SEO for clients.
- In charge of Google Ads, Google Analytics and social media accounts for company and clients.
- Email marketing content, video scripts and other forms of content marketing.
Social Media Engagement Coordinator | Iowa State University Office of Admissions | March 2017 – Present
- Weekly blog posts, videos and/or social media content for ISU Admissions social media pages and Cyclonelife.net.
Weekly Reporter for Women in Science and Engineering | Iowa State Daily | January – May 2018
Curriculum and Finance Committees, Family Leader | IMPAACT | November 2017 – April 2018
- ISU Making Progress for the Asian American Community Today (IMPAACT) overnight retreat for AAPI students at Iowa State University.
- Curriculum committee: creating and writing the workbook, researching and creating lecture materials and activities, presenting “Dating as an Asian” one-hour lecture,
- Finance committee: writing, presenting and submitting grant proposals for funding, keeping track of allocated funds.
- Family leader: led a small group of 7 students to
- Won 2018 Martin Luther King Jr. Advancing One Community Awards – Campus Organizations.
Education Chair | Asian Student Union | August 2018 – May 2019
- Student organization at Iowa State University with approximately 100 members
- Created a bi-weekly lecture relating to Asian American history or topics for meetings
- Planned and in charge of approximately half of all bi-weekly meetings
- Project and grant proposals written and presented to MSA
- Family leader of a small group (10)
- In charge of creating, planning and leading:
- Breaking Hate (annual event where we create a faux brick wall and place it in front of the library, and we ask students to write their experiences with discrimination, followed by a debriefing and breaking down of the wall afterwards)
- Ramen Night Social
- On planning committee for:
- Intersections of Identity (multicultural spoken word event)
- Pumpkin carving contest
- Winter social
My Ethics Code:
Ethics are moral principles that govern a person’s behavior or decisions.
- I will always speak the truth.
- I will take responsibility for my own actions and own up to my mistakes.
- I will ensure the safety of those whom I choose to write about or photograph.
- I will keep an open mind and present information in an unbiased manner.
- I will not be afraid to ask questions.
- I will always put forward my greatest effort on every task that I do.
- I will make sure my personal health is taken care of before I let it affect my work or relationships.